Wednesday 8 August 2007

The Court


I decided to get ferrets many many months ago, in fact it was back in December last year that I thought they would be fun to keep and I promised myself that I would give them the best enclosure possible. Only fair if they are going to work hard for me. They deserve the best!

I started off by completely rebuilding part of an old shed and it went from a dirty old poultry shed to a deluxe Ferret Palace, only taking the best part of 3 months :-)


The old shed was retained but with a completely new inside. I laid a concrete floor in 3 sections, the entire inside was shuttered off with OSB2 board and a new roof added.

This was all filled, sanded and then painted with undercoat and then gloss. The idea being it would be easy to wipe down and keep clean.

So far, it has worked. Needless to say the little monsters have made a mess, throwing litter trays about and generally acting like small children in their bedroom, but the design has held up.


As they are young, some of the ladders up to the, what I call 1st floor are too steep and they are yet to explore this new world. Will make a nice surprise for them when they do.

They have plenty of toys, pipes and their current favourite is a cardboard box with some holes... typical!

No comments: